Built with Mint Woraya Boonyapanachoti, NOMNOM: The Video Machine allows users to play YouTube videos as music samples, and sync them like a DJ.
NOMNOM is a new approach to step-sequencer. Powered by an Arduino, NOMNOM controls the playback of videos presented on a web browser. By pressing a button on the controller, the correlated video is being played on the screen and heard through the speakers. The videos are being automatically synced with one another.
Users can change the playback of the videos in real time using the following features:
- Repetition - Affects The number of times a video is being played during a single loop (1-4 times).
- Volume - Affects the volume of the selected video.
- Speed - Changes the speed of the selected video.
- Trim - Trims the length of the selected video.
- Button management - Trellis PCB
- Knobs and serial communication - Arduino Uno
- Potentiometers - Alpha 16mm Single Gang Knurled Shaft Solder Lug Potentiometers Linear (B)
- Rotary switch - Alpha Rotary Switch 2-4 Position Triple Pole PCB Mount
- Knobs - Brushed Aluminum Knob
- Enclosure - 4S1590BBT Metal Enclosure